I’m Michelle Heeden King, web content manager, marketing and communications consultant, and founder of WebAbility. I have managed web sites and overseen marketing and development initiatives for a variety of companies and non-profit organizations since 1997.
My specialty is helping businesses with limited resources make the most of them, but I have helped companies with big budgets, too.
To learn more about my experience, please view my resume below.
Michelle Heeden King
To provide web content management; marketing and communications assistance; and writing, editing and proofreading services to companies, non-profit organizations and professionals. Available for full-time employment (permanent) or part-time (temporary or permanent) work.
Skills & Expertise
- More than 20 years of experience in Journalism and mass
communication, including marketing, corporate communications,
Internet/intranet, and Web site management and development;
- Expertise in e-marketing tools and strategies, including e-newsletters, blogs, multimedia, social media, pay-per-click campaigns, and web content optimization;
- Specializes in helping businesses with limited resources make the most of them;
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills; ability to quickly assess and assimilate information from a variety of sources.
Marketing and Communications
- Assessed business needs and established more robust business processes to improve use of limited resources, facilitate internal communication, and encourage collaboration among offices and agencies;
- Researched trends and recommended ways to better use new
technologies to appeal to designated audiences;
- Developed and managed Internet marketing plans, incorporating e-newsletters, blogs, multimedia, RSS feeds, pay-per-click and social media;
- Created multiple real estate web sites targeting various audiences for lead generation;
- Developed and implemented marketing campaigns for real estate businesses that incorporated web sites, blogs, multimedia, search engine optimization, pay-per-click campaigns, newsletters (electronic and print), social media, classified ads and direct mail;
- Researched a wide variety of industry-specific topics and wrote news releases, electronic newsletters, Web site content and marketing materials for corporate, small business and non-profit clients.
Web Site Management & Development
- Managed content for large corporate and non-profit Web sites; prepared and deployed content from multiple departments and
- Assisted departments in identifying business needs and goals for their Web content and advised them in how to make best use of the Web
to meet objectives;
- Identified ways to automate business processes and directed the development of technology tools to make better use of staff resources;
- Established Web site standards and guidelines for authors and content managers; trained content managers in site management standards and procedures;
- Managed Web site redesign projects; drove improvements to Web site features and content to facilitate a better user experience and increase value to clients.
- Web Content Manager & Marketing Consultant, WebAbility (self-employed), 1997 – present
- Real Estate Broker, Keller Williams Realty Cary, 2007-2009
- Free-lance Writer/Editor, Self-employed, 1990 – 1996
- Assistant Editor, NC Catholic, Raleigh, NC, 1989 – 1990
- Clinical Administration, UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, 1987 – 1989
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1987
- Web Site Design and Publishing (HTML), Wake Technical Community College, 1998
- Introduction to Programming with Visual Basic 6.0, Wake Technical Community College, 2001
- User Interface Engineering Roadshow, Web site usability conference, 2003
- Covering the New Americans, seminar on serving Hispanic audiences in the media, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication, 2006
- NC Real Estate Pre-licensing Course, 2007
- NC Real Estate Post-licensing Courses, Contracts and Selected Topics, 2008
- NC Real Estate Continuing Education Course, Real Estate Investing Fundamentals, 2008